KraussMaffei Berstorff is presenting a wide spectrum of innovative technologies, all related to the theme of Overall Equipment Effectiveness.
KWD-globalpipe, 07.11.2016. KraussMaffei Berstorff is presenting its exhibits with a focus on Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE) at the K 2016 trade show in Düsseldorf. The all-encompassing approach to cost-effective and efficient production, which combines the requirements for perfect performance, high product quality and maximum system availability, provides the processor with added value. KraussMaffei Berstorff presents this added value to its customers as a competitive advantage under the blanket term “OEE Plus.”
“We offer more than just machines and systems. We offer more than just hardware and software units. We give our customers the ability to compete,” explains Peter Roos, President of the Extrusion Technology Segment of the KraussMaffei Group and Managing Director of KraussMaffei Berstorff.
QuickSwitch is a top-of-the-line pipe extrusion technology from the standpoint of maximum system availability. This one-of-a-kind technology for changing dimensions automatically has been used successfully in several production operations for years and has been demonstrating the enormous advantages of economi cal PO pipe production. “At K 2016, we are presenting our maximum version for the 280 – 500 mm dimension range and offering customers even more flexibility and delivery availability through small batch sizes,” says Roos.
System expertise: Production of pipes with filled formulations and multifunctional layers, giving a boost to quality. By releasing a series of pipe heads, KraussMaffei Berstorff definitively proves its pipe technology expertise, in both PO and PVC processing. “In production of multi-layered pipes in particular, the important factors are precision and cost-efficiency,” states Roos. “Our pipe heads are designed to guarantee a uniform layer distribution, optimal adhesion of the layers as well as low specific weights for high mechanical stress,” Roos continues.
Further topics are presented at K 2016:
- Efficient PVC pipe production with high-performance extruders for a boost to performance
- Profile extrusion with the KMD 73 K/P coextruder for a boost to cost-efficiency
- The new ZE 28 BluePower laboratory extruder with a boost to availability
- The new BPC Touch machine control system supports Plastics 4.0
- The GE 90 rubber extruder with a straight extrusion die for a boost to quality
- Innovative extrusion process for a boost to quality
- Demonstration of a perfectly coordinated compounding system for a boost to performance