For metal fittings the adaption to the drinking water ordinance in terms of the materials used was the main subject / PPSU fittings as inexpensive alternative
KWD-globalpipe, 30.04.2013. The drinking water ordinance (TrinkwV) has the purpose to protect human health from the adverse effects which may result from a potential contamination of drinking water. The allowable concentration of lead in drinking water will be reduced to 10 µg / l effective from December 2013. Of those 10 µg / l only 5 µg / l may have their origin in the pipe material used.
Thus, the materials for drinking water installations come under close scrutiny.
- Rehau: Accordingly, due to “increasingly stringent rules of the legislature for drinking water hygiene”, Rehau has decided to replace its RAUTITAN MX dezincification resistant brass fittings by newly optimized RAUTITAN RX fittings made from proven red brass. (For more information see KWD-globalpipe 473, March 26, 2013.)
- And TECE expands its fitting range under observation of the potable water regulation, both at TECEflex and at TECElogo. Red brass, brass and PPSU are available for the different applications. (For more information see KWD-globalpipe 476, the current issue.)
- Viega takes no part in this discussion, because the company has always used its red brass Sanpress press connectors for drinking water systems.
- BEULCO states plainly: “Beulco is drinking water compliant” and generally stresses the drinking water ordinance subject at the trade show.
However, PPSU as fitting material is a recurring subject, too. Especially in the context of “more expensive” red brass fittings compared to regular brass fittings, this material is in high demand as an alternative.
- KE KELIT for example showed for the first time at the ISH a PPSU extension of its successful PROtec push fit fitting range. In addition, the push fit fitting now has a transparent sleeve which eliminates the inspection glass. (For more information see KWD-globalpipe 469, February 14, 2013.)
- Multitubo (DW Verbundrohr) also shows a new PPSU push fit fitting as an economic alternative and thus increases its product portfolio to “5 types of connections for 1 pipe”. (For more information see KWD-globalpipe 470, February 21, 2013 and 476, the current issue.)
- AIS is going to launch worldwide the new universal PPSU press fitting. (For more information see KWD-globalpipe 471, March 1, 2013.)
Giacomini presented new RM Multipress fittings and Multipress Gas System. (For more information see KWD-globalpipe 473, March 26, 2013.)
IVAR has finally a “piesel fitting”, meaning a press fitting with the safety function ‘unpressed-untight’. As usual, the main body can be chosen from either brass or PPSU. (For more information see KWD-globalpipe 473, March 26, 2013.)
Rehau with extended range of fittings: FUSAPEX electrofusion fitting flange adapters are supplemented with 50 and 63mm, reducing adapters “now” available in the size range 50-160mm and newly optimized T-pieces 50-125mm. (For more information see KWD-globalpipe 476, the current issue.)
Rifeng presented its new products: F17-new multi-profile press fitting systems, lead-free brass fittings, removable F7 push fit fittings and new gas manifolds (For more information see KWD-globalpipe 473, March 26, 2013.)
Roth offers its pipe installation system for radiator connection and drinking water installation with system solutions of up to 63 millimetres. The delivery programme includes the multi-layer composite pipe Roth Alu-Laserplus and the Roth plastic fittings made of high-performance PPSU supplemented by Roth metal fittings. (For more information see KWD-globalpipe 476, the current issue.)
Viega: A typical example of Viega’s strength as an innovator is the new “Pressgun 5” pressing tool combining easy and lightweight handling for operating range of 12 to 108 mm. (For more information see KWD-globalpipe 470, February 21, 2013.)
Contact: HIX Publishing, Jutta Hix, KWD-globalpipe, www.kwd-online.de