The beginning of the publishing house was in 1986 when Winfried Hamich (1938 – 2009) set up an information service with the aim of collecting and supplying market data about plastic material in buildings.
Today HIX Publishing issues regularly various newsletters ad market reports:
Range of KWD newsletters:
- KWD-globalpipe, an international weekly newsletter with news about products, companies and materials in the field of plastic pipes and fittings. (In English language, transmission by email, 250,- Euros for 40 issues a year).
- KWD-SHK, a German weekly newsletter with news about plastic pipes and fittings in indoor applications. (In German language, transmission by email, 150,- Euros for 40 issues a year).
- KWD-Fenster, a German weekly newsletter with news about plastic windows and doors. (In German language, transmission by email, 150,- Euros for 40 issues a year).
Range of KWD Market reports about pipes and fittings in heating & plumbing systems:
- Consumption of pipes & fittings (plastic and metal) for heating & plumbing systems in Europe
- Production output of inflexible pipes (PP-R and PVC-C pipes) for heating & plumbing systems worldwide
- Production output of flexible pipes (PEX, PE-RT, PB and aluminium composite pipes) for heating & plumbing systems worldwide
- Fittings and pipe connections, situation and trends for heating & plumbing pipe systems in Europe
When Winfried died in June 2009 his daughter Jutta Hix (née Hamich) who had joined the business in 2005 swiftly moved to the helm of KWD. She is helped by her sister Michaela Hamich-Helbrecht and her brother Ralf Hamich as well as by several more employed resp. free-lance staff members.
Jutta has a college-degree in plastics engineering and several years track of working for a well-known company in the HEVAC Industry before she joined the family business, and her brother Ralf is an accomplished IT-technician. Their editors include, among others, the former top manager of a leading German player in the pipes & fittings industry, so the professional base in KWD is as broad as it needs to be.